Monday, January 15, 2007

What Makes Me Smile

Here's some things that make me smile or happy:
1. My puppy Coora
2. White Lillies and Gerber daisies (Orange and Pink of course)
3. Piano music, playing the piano
4. Curling up in Mitch's arms and falling asleep that way
5. Watching my little sister dance
6. A cup of tea on the deck
7. A sleepy Sunday when I can curl up in bed all day and sleep until Im ready
8. Smooth legs
9. Red nails
10. Sushi nights
11. A hug or a touch from my Mom or my Dad
12. A letter in the mail
13. Meeting someone's gaze, and being able to hold it, and if for an instant get a glimpse of someone else's life.
14. Laughing until I cry (which doesn't take much at all) and my sides hurt
15. A kiss on the cheek, or the forehead.
16. Someone playing with your hair.
17. Listening to Dorian read to me.
18. An old couple holding hands, looking as much in love as they were when they were young.
19. Hugs.

Memories that make me smile:
1. The memory of me falling asleep on my little brother on the bus coming back from a summer camp trip last summer. I was a camp counsellor and he was a camper and he inststed on sitting beside me on the bus but I always got so exhausted by the end of the day that I ended up completely crashing on the bus ride home and ended up squishing the kid. He never complained once. Hahaha
2. While I was in Peace River visiting my grandparents I was eating a cinnamon bun before bed and ended up losing a tooth while eating. Immediately I spit out what was in my mouth and started bawling thinking I had swallowed and that the tooth fairy wasn't going to come anymore. So my Grandpa took a butter knife and went through the chewed up mixture I had just spit onto the plate and found my tooth! My hero!!
3. When I first started dating Mitch we drove out to the lake and laid down in the back of his truck with a blanket and watched the stars. I don't think Ive ever been more in love. It was the most perfect moment of my life. It was such an innocent and beautiful realization. He had to carry me into the back of the truck because he didn't want my shoes to get muddy. : D
4. The time we were driving back from Saskatchewan and our car stopped working in the 45 degree heat because there were so many grasshoppers caked into our engine or whatever its called.
5. The time Chloe and I snuck into the bathroom when our Grandpa and Grandma Pratt were visiting and put Grandmas rouge, lipstick and eyeshadow all over our faces then washed it off quickly so we wouldn't get in trouble.
6. My Dad running down the street pulling my sister and I in our little red sled while we yelled faster faster until we almost peed our pants from laughter.
7. Falling asleep while listening to my Dad play the piano.
8. Waking up in bed, with Ashley, after a night of drinking, with nothing on but my underware.
9. How my Mom and Gramma cry when people show up, when people leave, in sad movies, in happy moments, with happy thoughts,...and how Im beginning to do the same.
10. Face masks and cucumber eye treatments with Lyndsay...haha oh the good old days...

No comments: