Friday, January 12, 2007

Employed!/Workout Summary

I am happy to announce that I FINALLY got a job as a cocktail waitress in an anonymous bar! :D My first shift starts today at 5pm and Im a little nervous as I have never cocktail waitressed before. Hopefully I dont suck too badly at it but it is easier to get people drinks than it is food thats for sure. Im sure I wont be doing it all night as it is my first shift so it will most likely be mainly training. he..he..he..(nervous laugh). I went out and bought new shoes and some pants and a few tops for the job so I hope I don't look too out of place anyways. I have been like worrying and planning this since I got the job like on Tuesday. I even woke up early to go to the gym (note that my running three times a week plan is going well..I have been going to the gym cuz its too cold outside...and I will probably go a fourth time on Sundays for just weights or whatever), and now I can have a nap so I am well rested (cuz Im exhausted), and then I will get up and have like an hour and a half to get ready for work! Yay me!!
Getting out of bed this morning was one of the most difficult decisions I have had to make like ever. I told myself though that I would feel better afterwards than if I didn't go..and I don't want to unbalance my NewYears resolution!! So after the first week I think I have made pretty good progress. I am back up to 30 minutes running nonstop on the treadmill so next week I will encorporate some wind sprints in every ten minutes or so and slowly decrease the recovery time each time I go so I become faster. I'll probably work on that for two weeks. Then I will encorporate some incline to the workout and go from there! Hopefully this gets me back into running outside kind of shape that I was in before December happened. I ran outside on Monday and I was one hurtin unit let me tell you. I need to get into a solid weight/strengthening program as well. I think I will make a list of some exercises that I already know of and maybe ask one of the fitness people at the gym to give me some suggestions. I hate doing them because they are boring so to add some new ones and drop some old ones will be a good idea.
Well I am off for my nap! Ill let you know how the new job goes shortly I will assume. Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.