Friday, February 23, 2007

Reading Week

Well Brooks was good. I did what I had wanted to do the last time I was there. I hung out with my brother and sister quite a bit...had coffee a few times with Mom...played a little bit of crib with Dad...Went out for coffee with a few friends... it was a nice get away. Chloe and I dyed Dorian's hair brown (:S) because he wanted to look like Harry Potter...(dyed mine too..) Guess Mom finally got sick of him bugging her to dye his hair black so she compromised with him. The three of us made cookies and just hung out doing nothing.
I got my nose pierced on Tuesday...hehe.. kind of a whimsical thing...I didn't really think about it I just went and got it done and suprisingly enough it didn't hurt to get it done and it didn't hurt afterwards! I thought I was going to be in excruiciating pain from the way people were describing it to me... Unfortunately I started getting sick about an hour after I got it done. I had cold symptoms and a severe stomach ache which finally went away today. I just got into Edmonton at like 10 and I work tomorrow morning...seriously the Red Arrow bus is alot better than the Greyhound!!!. Anyways I work tomorrow morning..still have all the homework in the world and I still feel like shit. Dad gave me some drugs so I'll unpack here very quickly and then take a Drixoral...write in my journal and then let it knock me out.
I want to send out my condolances to the Rosland family. They lost a very dear family member this past Saturday night and I cannot even imagine what they must be going through. I attended the funeral today, (found out I have no self-emotional control what-so-ever) and although it was probably the best funeral I have been to (if there is such thing), I found it very devastating. The church was packed almost to the ceiling. There was so many people there that I knew and that goes to show how small towns work. Everyone knows everyone. What truly is our loss, is surely heaven's gain. I know we tell ourselves this quite a bit, and we may catch ourselves saying this..but we really do need to stop taking each day for granted. Live every day to its fullest potential and always go to bed with a smile on your face.
Have goals, have dreams, always pursue the both of them. Don't let people tell you what you can and cannot do, how or how not to do something (referring to how to live your life). Make sure you cry, make sure you laugh, make sure you laugh until you cry. Make time for people you care about because when the time comes you will want them to make time for you. Value your family, friends (old and new), and people you meet everyday. Make sure family is important. They were there in the beginning, and they will be there in the end. Choose your friends well. Banish negative influences, thoughts, and atmospheres from your life. Do what makes you happy and go through life with a smile on your face. Be ever mindful of the needs of others.

No comments: