Friday, November 24, 2006

The Kiss

Well Something you should probably realize at this point in time about me is that Im a complete hopeless romantic and a very emotional person. I cry when people are happy, I cry when people are sad, when I laugh (especially when I laugh), on shows such as TLC's "What Not To Wear" and I develop very intense feelings for a photograph that illustrates passion. I guess its just who I am. Funny though because my mother and grandmother are the same way! They cry when you arrive, cry when you leave...etc.. I think its cute..a little humorous...and definetly a positive attribute...afterall where would we be without emotion?

I can never get tired of this photo...ever. It was taken in 1950, by Robert Doisneau, a French photographer, infront of the Hotel de Ville. I have seen it once before..and then didn't think anything of it really. At our school we had this poster sale thing where you could buy various photos and posters etc and I saw this and my immediate reaction was "I could see this on the wall of my house some day!" So I bought it for a whopping $6...although Im sure its worth much more than that.. It is so random and romantic that it just makes you smile. I love how couples who are truly in love can just block out the rest of the world which happens to be flying by, and focus completely and entirely on that other person. Reminds me a little bit of someone I know.. It makes me wonder though... Are these people just randomly kissing? Are they saying goodbye or hello? If it's goodbye I hope its not for the last time...hopefully he's just heading off to work or something...I would love it if they were just walking down the street and just felt the urge to kiss...(sigh)...

I know I know but honestly...I have nothing better to do and its a piece of art which I completely love. Robert Doisneau actually has quite a few photographs which I like...I wouldn't mind having a copy of a few more! Such as "Sidelong Glance." His photos all have at least one emotion triggering effect whether it is humor, sadness, joy, love, or anything else for that matter. It's interesting and I wish I could take some kind of art class! Too bad I'm going in for biology however I also am equally if not more so interested in that...Soo owell..its fine for now!! Well that's my Friday night ...hockey game with D.., What Not To Wear, and Robert Doisneau...can you tell Im having fun yet? There are quite a few parties goin on downstairs but seeings how I don't want to show up alone and without really knowing anyone on that floor..at all...it's not exactly like me to just jump into a situation like that..Bed sounds kind of nice anyways at the moment!!

No comments: